In the case of a planned admission, you would have first consulted a doctor who in turn would have advised you on the probable date of hospitalisation. In such a case, you must apply for approval of the estimated hospital expenses directly by your TPA at least 4-5 days prior to the date of hospitalisation.
In case you have not applied for pre-authorisation sufficiently in advance or if the doctor treating you advises you to get hospitalised immediately after the consultation, our Corporate Help Desk (Phone: 022-24460649 / 24447543) will assist you through the pre-authorisation procedure.However, the Corporate Help Desk is only a facilitator and can in no way influence the decision on the approval. Your TPA may not grant approval due to any of the following reasons:
If the ailment for which you are hospitalised is not covered in your policy.
If the information contained in pre-authorisation form is insufficient to approve the request, though most of the time the TPA will request the hospital if additional information is needed.
If you have exhausted the sum assured for that year.
Step 1: Establish contact with the Corporate Help Desk at the hospital.
Step 2: At the Corporate Help Desk, you need to present the original Health Insurance card issued to you by your TPA.
Step 3: Collect the pre-authorisation forms pertaining to your TPA.
Step 4: Your pre-authorisation form will have two sections-
- General details on the health insurance policy - to be filled in by you (the Corporate Desk will assist you in case you have any difficulty).
- The treatment recommended for you-to be filled in and duly signed by the doctor who is treating you (Do not attempt to fill this section, contact the Corporate Desk in case of any difficulty).
- 01: Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd.
- 02: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- 03: Care Health Insurance Co. Ltd.
- 04: Cholamandalam General Insurance Co Ltd.